Sonja's Meissa Blouse

Posted by: LLADYBIRD on 6:14 AM
Another Meissa Blouse for your consideration! This one comes from the crafty hands of Sonja (or as some of you call her, Ginger :)).

I'm a buttondown girl through and through, so I was over the moon when I got the chance to test the Meissa blouse!

L1120305
I love the fun details Katie added-- they really make this a special shirt. I'm especially fond of the curved hem and the curved yoke in the back-- there's something really pretty about the way the shapes sort of echo each other. I also like that it's a little more feminine than the rest of my buttondowns-- I'm a fan of the androgynous look, but sometimes it's fun to rock something a little more ladylike, y'know?

L1120309 
I'm already planning out a flannel version, and looking forward to making one in a light lawn or voile for spring (oooh, with pearly buttons, maybe!). I like the way this looks and feels as a slouchy shirt, but I'm looking forward to slimming it down a little bit on the next go-round and using a lighter fabric for a different look. I may narrow the shoulders a bit to make it a little more fitted, too.

L1120311
If you're new to sewing buttondowns, have no fear! This is simple to put together-- just take your time and take a break if you feel stressed! But I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the results!

Call me biased, but I always love everything Sonja makes, and this is no exception! I love how it's a totally different feel than the one Ashley made - but equally as nice! The cotton/chambray fabric really gives the blouse a much more casual feel. Also, I am DYING to see her flannel version. Mostly so I can copy it. What? Don't look at me like that, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... right?

Thanks for sharing your Meissa with us, Sonja! If you'd like to see more, check out her blog!